1) Healthy eating and regular exercise. It is vital to stay focussed on both these areas.
2) Eat slowly and chew your food well.
3) Serve the food on the plate. Do not serve on the table.
4) If you feel like snacking, try going for a walk instead or do gardening. Before you go, have a good drink of water. Hunger is often disguising thirst.
5) If you have a problem with junk food and can't resist the temptation at home, stop the problem at the source. Try to slowly reduce the amount of junk food you buy per week.
6) Eat smaller meals, but more often.
7) Drink fresh juices instead of soft drinks. This will cut down on your sugar intake, and is a far better alternative than the artificial sweeteners in those diet soft drinks.
8) Set yourself a weight goal and stick to it. Chart your progress.
9) If you do have to go for junk food, try the healthiest option. For example try to get the burger with the most salad on it, or get some salads to accompany the meal.
10) Increase your motivation levels, and stay on track. If your motivation drops, you will find it hard to focus on your goal weight.
Learn more ...